How to clean power heads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Natchos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
As some of you know, I have purchased 2 sw tanks from a guy. We moved them 2 weeks ago and everything looks good so far. I have a question for you though. How can I clean the koralia power heads I have in there? They are full of algae. I don't suppose anyone from my cuc will adventure that way :) can I take them out and wash scrub them in regular tap water, or will this hurt my tank when I put them back? Or should I scrub them in spare sw I have?
Thanks for your help! I'll try to post some pictures later on.

Either way will work. If it's really bad, soak them in a vinegar/water solution for a few hours and then scrub, then rinse rinse rinse and it'll be fine.

Awesome! Thanks. I'll get them out while everything is turned off for my weekly aiptasia killing spree.

i'm sure your cuc will eventually make their way to it. mine have. both my koralias had algae growth, one yesterday and the other last week. my astraea snails was making its way to one last night and today it was spotless, same with last weeks. i think those little buggers clean better then my turbo snails. no joke

Thanks everyone! I bought 5 hermit crabs and 3 cleaner as well as an algae blenny last weekend to add to this tank and so far I am amazed at how much cleaning they have done.
Here's a picture of my nano cube.
Feel free to give any advices! I am new :)

Attachments

• image-3540981504.jpg
    image-3540981504.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 103
Back
Top Bottom