How to start a SW tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
interesting turn of events, my co-worker would like to have a class pet but the 30 gallon she has is to big to put in her class room, so im trading my 10 for her 30 :D suposibly her friend gave it to her cause he got tired of maintaining it. Going to check it out tommorow but it looks like it has the heater, thermometer, lid, filter, air pump, food, all sorts of additives, plants, filter cartridges, a bucket of gravel and a couple other things. So this might be a great deal for me, 40$ ten gallon kit, for a $200+ 30 gallon set up :dance:

I'm still hung up on understanding the filter idea and te protein skimmer. Does a saltwater tank need either if those? (filter , pskimmer)
Thx!!

Alot depends on the size of the tank. If youre doing 30g or under a skimmer isnt in my opinion a necessity as long as you do weekly water changes. Again, baded on the size of the tank a regular hang on back filter is needed to removed the debris that floats around your tank.

Back
Top Bottom