Hydras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bird33

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nobody has hydras on here that could give me some input???!!

Oh man I just lold. I unfortunately don't have ai hydras so I don't think I could be of much help.

Ah, I did not notice that you were in the salt water forum. Apologies. In freshwater tanks, Hydra can be a nuisance.

I run the Hydra 52's on my system, what are you looking to find out?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's a tech question, just open a support ticket on their website, they are amazingly fast at getting you an answer.. Even when you ask really stupid questions like i did lol

I'm looking to find out if I keep it on program 1 which is 8:00 sunrise 7:00 sunset , ramp 4. Will that be fine right for fish only. I understand once I get coral to run the coral acclimation .

For fish it should be fine, pay attention to the intensity, too much light can help algae grow. You really want to pay attention to intensity with corals and nems. What are yours set at?

I turned them all down to 60. They were being maxed out. I thought it was a little too much.

You should be fine, just out of curiosity, how big a tank and how many hydras?

And yeah, having them at Max is way too bright imo

I've got a 75gal tank and 2 hydras. I think I'm going to buy the director . Do you have one? Do you think it's a worthy purchase ?

I bought one, it's a nice feature. Personally, I like being able to set everything up on my computer and adjust when I want that way. Overall, I would say yes, it's worth getting. It gives functionality that the lights alone don't have.

Back
Top Bottom