hydrometers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gti_Leo said:
i have two hydrometers a Product Details and a Deep Six Hydrometer

the reading are .001 different. the deep six is lower then the kent. which would you guys trust? the kent or coralife deepsix

Neither ,...buy a refractometer ,...don't waste your money on those,...very inaccurate , basically you'll be buying the refractometer anyway so you might as well just do it now.

I'd just crack down and buy a new one if that worries you, you know it'll work and it'll pay for itself, I promise.

i've been looking on ebay, there are soem for $20 don't know if those would be trusted

I've heard people here say it's ok, but at other forums I've read the mass-produced ones from Hong Kong are garbage.

not lookign at the ones from hong kong lookign at the one from the USA i don't want to wait to have them delivered

I really don't know,..I'd prob just buy one from one of the Internet dealers,.. Marine depot etc,...that way at least you'd know for sure you'll be getting something that'll work and have some quality behind it,...honestly,..a refractometer is the ONLY way to go,...spend a little now and then move on to the next project,....

i found one on ebay that my LFS sells but with the shipping it'll come out to around the same price :(

I agree with everyone else, just break down and get the one from the LFS if that's one you like and if you're gonna end up spend'n the same price after ship'n and whatnot if you get the one from ebay. You're gonna need one eventually.

Gti_Leo said:
do they require alot of maintenace?

Nah,.. You just put a drop of distilled / RO/DI onto it's little window pane,...turn a little screw to zero it out and it's ready to go,...don't scrimp on this purchase by thinking that you are Making a killing by finding one for $20., you usually get what you pay for,..most " good" ones purchase at a good Internet fish dealer should run between $40-$80 + - Good luck,...Dary

Back
Top Bottom