I found two of these in my tank this morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billybloo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I guess the starfish grew out of the live rock..cool!!! I found two of them in there!

Attachments

• starfish052318.jpg
    starfish052318.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 229
Video of my Tank..about 6 weeks in

I'm not sure my video posted...

Asterina star fish ..Cool ? Maybe ….??:whistle:
http://r.search.aol.com/_ylt=AwrJ7J...ing-101-/RK=0/RS=EVB2sP2qUpkbfuMVVAVFtCi81aM-
If the conditions are right for them they can multiply faster then rabbits..No joke..Only Harlequin shrimp will control them and the shrimp will only eat starfish so having the shrimp[besides price] can present its own problems...
I have them in my tank and remove what I see when I see them.They will never be completely gone for me..Not really cool anymore for me ...But also not as overwhelming in my tank as I have seen with others ….

On the coral?! Oh no!! There are 2 varieties of asterina, one algae eating and one coral eating. Remove the one on the coral immediately.

On the coral?! Oh no!! There are 2 varieties of asterina, one algae eating and one coral eating. Remove the one on the coral immediately.

That is very inaccurate. There are many different types of these starfish. They aren’t coral consumers. There have been reports of such, but my assumption is that there was an issue with tissue death compared to a healthy coral. Just like people thinking emerald crabs can hunt healthy fish...

Back
Top Bottom