I have a 30 gallon tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltynewb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone im a newb. I have 30 gallon sw tank with 8 lbs of LR and 3 inch sand bed. I am going to get 12 more lbs of LR and 30 lbs or baserock. I would like to keep, an ocellaris clown, a firefish, and a school of 3-5 chromis. Will this work? I also would like to do reef eventually. I have a 96 watt PC aqualight with a 6700 bulb in it, should i get a 10 k? Also what corals could i eventually keep?

THANKS

-Saltynewb

Welcome
sounds like you have done your homework. Clowns are a good place to start, but do better as pairs. So I would try to get a mated pair of tr. With that lighting you could keep some softies :wink:

I wouldn't get more than 3 Chromis as 5 fish in a 30g is gonna be tight. The 6700k will be fine for some soft corals.

So if the 6700 works it will grow coralline on the rocks right? Do you think that a 6700 will do just as good of a job as a 10000 because i could easily get one. And what kinds of corals can i keep, my friend says toad stole leathers. Oh and, know any good places to get live rock for cheap with no shipping?

Thanks your favortie newb Salty

So if the 6700 works it will grow coralline on the rocks right? Do you think that a 6700 will do just as good of a job as a 10000 because i could easily get one. And what kinds of corals can i keep, my friend says toad stole leathers. Oh and, know any good places to get live rock for cheap with no shipping?

Thanks your favortie newb Salty

Back
Top Bottom