I just got a 125 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lmg108

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a 125 gal tank for christmas from my fiance, I was kinda intimidated too. Ha I bought the 'Saltwater Aquariums for dummys book' and read it. VERY helpful for someone that knows nothing about it!!! It is alot of money and work but so worth it! Cant wait to see mine in a few more months!

The article section of this site has a lot of great information. As Scott said if you have any questions fire away. We will help you as best we can!

Congratulations on the new tank. Your fiance is a keeper!!!!

Well I think I am pretty sure I got it just about cylcled. I started it week after Christmas, the LR I used did not have any living creatures on it, just algea. Anyway, I put 2 damsels in it about 3 weeks ago. Their doing great and my water checks are great. I want to get 3 clowns, 3 turbo snails, and a few crabs...Am I ready for it? Reason I ask is the about 2 weeks ago the dealer I decided to use told me he didnt think I was. Also should I take the damsels out when I add the clowns? I heard they are very aggresive when other fishes are added.

One other thing, I use a wet dry filter and the help of live sand and rock...is this a ok with out having a protein skimmer?

Clowns are damsels, what type of clowns and damsels do you have? Depending on either or, they can be pretty mean to newcomers.

I got a blue damsel and a lemon damsel. I was wanting to get 1 true percula and 2 maroon clowns. Eventually I going to get a couple anemones as well. I just heard that the damsels I got will be aggressive to any other fish I add...

Welcome to AA, Lmg108...I live in Kenton Co. KY. Who are you using as your LFS? I would really love to find one that has a good selection..about all there is around here are two Jack's Aq. & Pets, World of Pets, and Planet Pet in Newport.

Good luck on your tank...how exciting to have a 125 !!! I just put up a 75 about the same time. I am trying to CATCH 2 Damsels to evict them.:mad:They have about killed my poor Chromis. They are Blue-fin...so don't believe the LFS if they try to tell you they are like Chromis...they are pure Damsel.

Lots of fun to you !!!
-------------

Curly

Back
Top Bottom