I just got a green tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would wait and see. If your corals and anemone start losing color first.
A friend of mine has Reefbrite strips over a small tank and the PAR numbers are pretty good considering what they are. You can always add one or two of those. Maybe a 50/50 and an actinic.

Ok I'll do some research on that. I'll put some pics up when I get home of what I got in the tank. Maybe u guys can let me know what u think of the coral how they look.

And again thanks so much for the info I'm glad I talked to u guys before I started to buy more coral.

Here's what I have in my tank let me know what you think
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389733962.275756.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389733994.255290.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389734169.688067.jpg

Green BTA
Feather duster
Candy cane

My water is still good

The candycane is fine in low light conditions, and the coco worm is not photosynthetic. The anemone is what I would worry about.

Ok thanks for all your help. All the information you provided me was very helpful. I will keep you posted on the green BTA. As of now he moved once again I'm going to wait a couple of days to try and feed it again and take it from there. If it's still not eating I will probably upgrade the light.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same light, but plan on adding supplemental light before adding any SPS! Right now all my LPS and green BTA are doing well!

What do you think it is ? Could it be the water ? I'll check the water again today and post it so you can let me know what you think. I'm sorry if I'm annoying with all of this I'm just new to all of this and would love to get it right. I Don't like to fail at anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not annoyed. I don't know what it is. What test kits are you using?

I'm using the regular test kit that comes with PH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, that's all reading PH -8.2 , Ammonia-0, Nitrite-0, Nitrate-0 waiting about 10 min for results. Then I'm using a Cal tester that reads 450, and the Meg test reads 1140 I'm working on bring that up. And the Alk test is 11.

It's been behind this rock for a couple of days now. Don't know if you can see but it's extended really far out. Is this ok ? Is it normal for BTA to do this ? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389909046.014176.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389909093.298103.jpg

Nothing yet I might wait one more day to feed it. Do you think if I get a clown to host it would it benefit the BTA ?

The relationship between clowns and anemones are hit or miss. If it happens, it happens and there isn't a way to make it happen or even if it will be beneficial or stressful. Clowns too large and an anemone too small can be stressful...if they decide to do their thing. I had a pair of clowns in my tank ever since it was established back in 2012 (the one that is currently running that is) and added an anemone once the tank was ready for one. They had ZERO interest in each other up until several months ago.
If it was up for the health of your anemone, I would continue as things are currently. Keep parameters stable and pristine. Under these conditions it will thrive, as it was already determined the lighting will do. I personally wouldn't feed it, but if you do decide to make sure that the pieces are very small so there isn't additional stress put on the anemone.

Back
Top Bottom