I just got a green tip anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bugarte1

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a green tip anemone was winding how many times to feed it and what to feed it ?

A couple times a week with a small piece of meaty food like mysis shrimp, chopped fresh fish or shrimp. You really don't have to feed it if it's in good health. They get much of their nutrition from the powerful lighting I hope you have.

Yes I have really good lighting I have a 29 gallon tank got the light as a gift don't know what brand off hand but I do know it was $350 led light

Also just got pulsating xenia. It didn't come on a frag so I took a small love rock and placed it on with a rubber band is that ok ? Do I feed the Xenia ?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389579273.846233.jpg

It's been 24 hr sense I put him in the tank looking a little better should I be concerned ? My water perimeters are good I think

Hyd- 1.022

Mg-1080

Cal-450

Alk-11

Ph-8.2

A-0

Ni-0

Na-0

It's up to .024 now

It moved again today I tried to feed it a small piece of slider it didn't take it in yet kinda just got scared and shriveled up. Slider is still stuck to it should I leave it there or remove it ?

Lighting - orbit marine LED light

It's tentacles are out again and they are bubble tip and have a little tint of green

Don't know why it won't eat

36-48 inch current USA orbit marine LED aquarium light (current) was told by LFS it was one of the best ones out there.

If it's not good enough what should I get ?

Maybe I should get another one put it next to the one I have or would that be to much ? I do have a candy cane and pulsating Xenia and a feather duster don't know if that would be to much light for them ?

Reading up on the light it's saying it has two channels of dual spectrums. Combination of 8,000K/12000K white long with 445nm/460nm actinic blue. 120- degree lenses.

Is that enough ?

This is the second time I've seen this light talked about as "one of the best ones". It might be a well built unit, but in terms of keeping coral/anemone/clams under them it just doesn't fly. Generally, with LEDs we look for 2-3 watts per LED as acceptable for being able to provide the intensity necessary for photosynthetic creatures. This light runs at 36 watts for 144 LEDs. That makes .25 watts per LED. Even 2 of these units won't provide the light you are looking for in my opinion...assuming this is your light:Orbit Marine LED Strip Light - 36 in. to 48 in.| thatpetplace.com

I would agree, but I was part of another thread (I can't find it) where someone said they have been keeping corals under it for a while now and they are colorful and growing. At this point, I'm not sure I've even seen before and after pics or any real proof, but I will say that this fixture is not going to penetrate very far with potency.
I would want 3 watt LEDs over my tank. That said, it's probably not the reason it's not accepting food.

A friend of mine has the same fixture. Corals die off under it, even softies, but yet has a green BTA which has been there for quite some time now. In all honesty, I can't figure out how and am assuming it is slowly starving to death even though it appears healthy in all pictures I have been provided.

Oh man this is horrible news I just got this light for Christmas from my girlfriend. Think she paid $300 for it. Prob won't be able to take it back to the LFS. Any suggestions on what to do? Maybe get another type of LED light and put it next to it ?

Back
Top Bottom