I just purchased my dream tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michealprater

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just purchased a custom built 150 gallon tall. It is 48 long 24 wide and 30 high. It will be perfect for my 400 wall halides! It will have a solid oak stand and canopy. The picture below is basically the same tank except mine will be 24 wide verus 18 wide. Thats the difference between a 115 and the 150 I am getting. Then I have the task of moving the contents from my 100 to it. Hopefully by using the original rock and original 100 gallons of water I wont have to recycle the tank. It will only have 50 gallons of freshwater in it.

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewPicture&lPictID=89

wow congrats it looks awsome. Be sure to put up some pics when you get it up and running :)

Doan

peterp said:
Nice! :)

:p Hope you have long arms :p
I have trouble reaching the bottom of my 120 and it is only 26 inches high.

Yeah, my 110 is 31" deep, I have to stand on an empty salt bucket to reach the bottom or use those long claw thingies.

Congrats on the tank, looks very nice :D

Congrats on the upgrade your going to be very happy together. On the depth I have to reach 29 inches to the bottom and if there is something small that I have to get I have my wife guide me so I can grab it, sometimes you can't use the claws.

I love credit cards.

BTW where can I get one of those sticks that you can put a razor blade on?

I am so glad to be going back to glass. I will NEVER own a acrylic tank again.

Scratches. No matter how hard you try, you still get them. And that rock hard brown algae that grows on acrylic and not glass. IMO opinion, having owned both, glass is clearer. But to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom