I learned my lesson about water changes..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a cat, a cat that is a perminate state of drug-like delierium and high [ See: Runs around none stop, chasing invisible objects, and running head long into walls...repeatedly ].

Well, He has gave my hands and arms a nice little collection of shallow scratches and cuts.

And I realized today, that doing a water change with arms in said codition was.. well, Bad.

My arms were burning in pain, specially when I mixed up the new salt-water. and still are.

Needless to say, I've learned my lesson.

LOL, well if its any consolation, its cleaning them cuts out real good. SW is good for wounds. :)

I would not say SW is good for wounds. Expecially tank saltwater. Depending on how suceptable you are to infections, etc an open cut and going into a saltwater tank could find yourself in a heap of pain from an infection.

And here I was expecting you to say your fish died .....

Don't have fish, Just a Condilactus Gigantae, Electric Blue Hermit, and a few blue reef hermits.

and a Feather duster. and some snails to, I think their Astraea, and a single bumblebee.

I don't know if I agree about saltwater not being good for wounds. When I go diving, any wounds I have, heal very fast. :wink:
But with the closed system, I agree, not good for the tank inhabitants, elbow high rubber gloves would probably be in order.

now you have a personal regard for the saying pouring salt in a wound 8O ouch hope it heals up fast!!!

quarryshark said:
I don't know if I agree about saltwater not being good for wounds. When I go diving, any wounds I have, heal very fast. :wink:
But with the closed system, I agree, not good for the tank inhabitants, elbow high rubber gloves would probably be in order.

Its true, I was taken to the beach when I had chicken pox, Two days there and I was completly over the chickenpox.

Its also served me on many other occasions, such as common colds, once with numonia.

Fresh, open beach-type seawater is good for you.

Aquarium saltwater is no doubt not, I mean.. One look at the skimmer can tell you all the gook that gets in you...

Oh god.. I wish I hadn't thought about that..

I'm with ya. You'll be alright, just wash in out with peroxide.
WOW you have a lot of tanks. Keeps you busy I bet! :)

Back
Top Bottom