I need a fish plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrkalot

Aquarium Advice Activist
We need to start thinking about the type, size, quantity etc. of fish that will be finding a new home in our 75 gal, fo, cc tank (no lr... just fish). We would like a variety of types and colors since they will be the focal point. Hardy would be best since we are bound to kill the hard to keep ones ;) . We have a book "The Marine Aquarium" from Tetra Press that gives general descriptions of behavior and temperament but would prefer to have some real world advice... there are so many types to choose from so we are thinking some of the more common, compatable, $50 or less fish.

I'd love to hear some ideas on a fish types, sizes and quantities.

blue-green chromis (chromis viridis) 3" in a small shoal
either a flame angel (centropyge loriculus) 4" or a coral beauty (centropyge bispinosus) 4" since ive been told here that a 75 is not large enough for 2 angels
royal gramma (gramma loreto) 3" another popular fish. nut ive also heard only 1 to a tank
gobies would prefer rock and sand so none of them, though if you changed your mind, a watchman goby (cryptocentrus cinctus) 3" and/or a neon goby (gobiosoma oceanops) 3" would be nice
yellow tang (zebrasoma flavescens) 8" seems to be the smallest, least aggressive of the tang family
bangaii cardinal (pterapogon kauderni) 3.5" seems a popular choice as well

i seen the golden chromis which imo are alot better looking than the blue/green i think a school of those would be really cool looking for sure !! also add all at one time and go with a odd number 5-7 would be good !!
i have 3 royal grammas in my 90 and no probs !! 2 stay on one side the other on the other side !!
watch out for the watchman !! alot are sand sifters and imo will end up starving over time !! the neons are cool and ya could add a few of them !!
and then the yellow tangs !! what can i say about these aggressive fish but add him last !! they are very very aggressive and will do sooooooooo much damage with those spikes on their tails its amazing !! after pulling mine out and putting him in with a panther grouper he stills swats his tail at him none stop !! the grouper is 4 times bigger !!
there are alot of cool wrasses out there as well !!

We should be ready for our first fish next week. We really like the suggestions above and are wondering which ones should be first, second, third etc. We LOVE yellow tangs and will definately have one and will save him for last. We also like the school idea on the chromis.

So the question is what order should they be introduced and at what intervals?

blue-green or glod chromis (chromis viridis)
flame angel (centropyge loriculus)
royal gramma (gramma loreto)
yellow tang (zebrasoma flavescens)

Back
Top Bottom