I need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cauterox04

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 Gallon tank my dad use to have a 36 Gallon tank but his titer and all that good stuff were suppose to be used on a 75 Gallon so i pretty much have everything i need to get started. i just need some good ideas on what to get in my tank and how to set it up

thanks a lot everybody for the help

Well aside from the basics (filtration, lighting, etc) you will need salt, live rock, some kind of substrate (aragonite or crushed coral are best), a hydrometer, testing for ph, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and alkalinity, and a thermometer.

Check out liveaquaria.com for selections of fish. It's good to decide what you want to keep first (fish only or reef?) because that will tell you what kind if filtration and equipment you need.

I have the filtration stuff I wanna go with reef and some fish

Cool what kind of filtration do you have? I have a 55g reef and run it Berlin style :) I keep a pair of clowns, a court jester goby, a cardinal fish and a sharpnose puffer (technically not reef safe - he doesn't eat my corals but I don't keep inverts) Water is the most important thing, make sure you use ro-di for a reef not tap water...

I would maybe do a bit of research on salt water tanks, your filtration could be better suited for freshwater. There are excellent articles on here that give loads of info on how to set up and maintain a salt water tank...

Back
Top Bottom