I need help on lighting for my soon to be reef tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GT96

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 105 gallon aquarium and it is an an aquarium that is deeper than regular. Well Im getting into corals now and I only have 180wats so I am having the sw store ( The Biggest Sw store in Ohio) order me one. The guy said he could order me one with 2 Halides, 2 VHOs,and 2 fans for $680.00 . Then, I saw a lamp with all VHO's and it was 450 watts . I was wondering which do you prefere. Halides with VHOs or just VHOs . Please respond thanks

Go with halides I'd say 250watt each along with 2 vho tubes.. You will be extremely happy you did down the road.. you need 1 halide bulb for every 2 feet of tank.. I believe 105g is about 4 feet long so 2x250w with 2 48" vho Actinics

HTH,
James

How deep is the tank? What kind of halides (size and spectrum) is he ordering for you? Is it a hood, or retro kit? You may be able to find it cheaper online.

I full hood with 2 fans. My tank is deeper than a regular tank, over 2 feet. I am getting Star Polyps, Xenia, Colt, Leather corals, and some anemones.

Back
Top Bottom