i need some help deciding what to do input please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnatbhs

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have found a tank that is for sale. It is a 55 gallon tall. I didnt know they made talls so i thought it was just a short and deep tank. the dimensions of the tank are 36 in by 12 in by 22 in . the tank itself is nice

it has a sump, heater, 3 power heads, 2 return pumps. 30 or more pounds of live rock with nice algae and some corals, i think mushroom and starfire or something like that. some live sand at the bottom. i fairly decent light system. the tank is also drill, but when the water overflows out, instead of going through a tube it first goes through about 50 bioballs, then to the sump, then back into the tank. their is also a stand for the tank.

for all of this it is 400 $. i am kinda worried about the height of the tank limiting what i am able to do with it. this will be my first tank if i decide to get it.

What kind of lighting system is it? You should not have a problem if it`s T5`s or MH`s.

Being 12" from front to back will limit you somewhat. Many people use them, but it has always been my complaint about the 29g and 55g tanks. Too easy to make places where you can not get to the glass to clean it.

im pretty sure it is t5 lighting. it was the kind with the blue and white lights. the post says that there is 5k and 20 k bulbs

Back
Top Bottom