I think I caught a coral!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a small coral skeleton from LFS. They were selling those in with their smaller pieces of live rock (they call it rubble rock). I thought it looked cool. Today I see something that may or may not be a coral. I had not planned keeping them so have not researched them. But one of the circles in the skeleton has a growth on it that might be a coral. Interesting! Is this possible?

Take a pic and we will tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

36591-albums14398-picture69159.jpg

If this worked (my first time posting a pic) there is a small something about 1 inch up from the sand near the center of the picture. It has about 5-6 "arms" waving that are bluish/white.

Disregard the dirty tank. I am working on a phosphate issue I just found out I had so the glass and sand are still brown.

36591-albums14399-picture69160.jpg

36591-albums14399-picture69161.jpg

As long as we are looking, these are two other small things that have shown up in the last couple of days. Little red tube type thing and small white feathery thing that goes in and out of the rock.

Are these interesting fun things that come with the saltwater world and live rock, or should I be getting rid of them? Or will they go away on their own. when my phosphates come down?

Top pic is of an Aiptasia
Second pic is of a Vermetid Snail
I have no idea what that third pic is though.

Top pic is of an Aiptasia
Second pic is of a Vermetid Snail
I have no idea what that third pic is though.

+1 on the aptasia and hermetid snail. Both are bad so you might want to take them out. I used hot water to kill my aptasia and I've chiseled off vermetid snails and it seemed to work. Probably a better way but I don't know of any. The last one might be a clam that that the rock grew around or maybe some kind of worm

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom