I think i'm doing this wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jataft83

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anytime I new coral frag it doesn't look anything like it did when I purchased it. I understand Zoanthids take time to come out and such but i'm talking like 3 weeks. The only thing I have wrong in my system is Phosphates. I tested it and still getting .25 ml. I switched from tap water to RO DI water around 3 weeks ago and have done numerous(7 PWC ranging from 5G to 20G in a 60g system) PWC to get out the tap water.

My parameters.
60 gallon tank
Live stock- 1 baby yellow tang, 3 blue chromis, 1 fire fish , 1 black cardinal, 2 mexican turbo snails, 3 nastrilus (SP) snails
Corals- 1 montipora frag, 1 yellow zoanthids (never opened), one frag of GSP( opened a few branches, now totally closed up)
Wet dry filter/sump with LR rubble
2 hydor 750gph
Ammonia=OPPM
Nitrite= OPPM
nitrates=5PPM
Phosphates= 0.25 PPM
Calcium= 440 PPM
PH- 8.1 in the AM and 8.0 at night
KH- 11 or 12

My tank has been up in running around 3 months still getting cyano outbreaks and red slime algae.

Sorry meant to include this 4x 54W T5 HO. Maybe 2 months old built in timers. I run whites from 10am to 8pm and blues from 8am to 8pm and LEDs at night.

I bought a large clump of Unk Zoes and had them on the bottom of my tank and for 3 days they really didn't like it. Once I moved them up towards the top they started opening up right away. Perhaps they just don't like the light where they are?

My gsp is on the bottom on a rock by itself. After i got home from work it started to come out on two tentacles. My Zoas are near the top but I have had them in 3 spots with the same results.

I'm still really new to corals having only a couple zoes for the past 2 weeks. Hopefully someone else can chime in for more help.

Back
Top Bottom