I Want to have a starfish! But...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarfishKid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am thinking about getting a starfish and I would like to know the basics on how to take care of the starfish and what I need and how much is it going to cost?
Please give me some information thanks

I'd definitely skip that species. Do you not have a sw tank yet? Most of your general looking starfish are quite difficult to keep. No ones quite sure what they really eat.

If you want a star serpent stars are super hardy and easy to care for.

How do you set up a brittle star tank?

I'm getting a ophiothrix fragilis and I don't know what supplies to get

you would need a 10g tank , rocks for them to hid in , sand , power head for water movement , heater , hob filter , don't forget you still need to cycle the tank first ,
the only thing with brittle/serpents they spend most of there time in the rocks you wouldn't see them much,
60069-albums13934-picture66253.jpg

I have never had a salt water tank

I need info on how to use the salt water filter or how you clean it? Where do you get the salt water or how do you make it?

How long do you need to cycle a brittle star tank?

I'm getting a ophiothrix fragilis and I need to know how long you need to cycle the tank before buying or putting in the fish

I recommend you ask these questions in the first thread you made rather than spamming with it.
Cycle it until its cycled.

It's means you turn on the tank and let the filter run

To cycle a tank, you need to present an ammonia source so the rock and sand in the system can begin to be inhabited by the beneficial bacteria that consume ammonia and nitrites. Those two things are toxic to the things that live in our systems, especially inverts like you are wanting to keep.
I would suggest reading through the articles in the article section to get a better understanding of this process.

Back
Top Bottom