Ick Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eldo1998

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just noticed that 3 of my fish have white spots on them. My yellow tang, naso tang, yellow eyed kole. I also have a bubble tip anemone and a haitian pink tip Condy. What do I need to do to treat this?

What else do you have any cleaner shrimp or a cleaner wrasse. If so they should take care of it if not I would look into getting some. Or go into qt

The wrasse and shrimp work at a controlling level. They won't erradicate the problem. Especially with fish that are really suseptible to ich like tangs. Ich reproduces at an immensly large rate, larger than any animal can handle. With fish like tangs, you need to hospitalize in a quarunteen tank.

My wrasse and shrimp keep my powder blue spot free and even eradicated his ich problem when he was new

See, my fish are new also. How many cleaner shrimp do you recommend I get and what type? And how many cleaner wrasse do I need? I currently have 2 cleaner shrimp, and I just purchased 1 cleaner wrasse.

You have the same count as me just keep an eye on the wrasse that he eats well. He will make for great entertainment too he just happens to know how to push powders buttons and knows that powder can't catch him yet anyway lol

tell us a little bit more about your setup how long ago did you add the fish? how big of a tank do you have etc?

Back
Top Bottom