I'm having problems feeding my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

labpig

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm having problems feeding my fish: I've just started keeping a tank - please see my profile for info

I started feeding pellets but they sank so fast the fish didnt have time to eat them, and my ammonia and nitrites rocketed due to the pellets lying at the bottom

After browsing around this forum (very informative, thank you so much) I switched to flakes. I feed 2 flakes alternate days. The flake floats on the surface and the fish start darting around the tank, but none go to the surface to get the flake
The flake then falls, and 50% of the time it falls to the bottom without being eaten.

The fish are darting around excitedly but miss the flake. I don't think I'm over feeding, so why isn't anyone catching the flake?

Thanks for answering such a silly question.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of fish do you have? How many? Honestly all my fish will eat flakes but they go mad for frozen foods (mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, bloodworms, lobster eggs) - try a varied diet, it's better for them anyway. If you only have a couple of fish cut the cube in half and feed every second day.

Back
Top Bottom