Image of my Reef Tank - what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klubvibez

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is my first Reef Tank. I got a couple soft and hard corals. I dont have MH's so the stony's are placed way up top underneath the water line. Is this ok? or do i HAVE to get MH 's?

Attachments

• dsc06158small.jpg
    dsc06158small.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 186
How long has it been up and running for? Looks like whatever you're doing is working! It looks great.

Looks very nice. My only concern would be the tang looks a little large for that size tank. Having the hard corals at the top is fine given your lighting.

This tank has only been running for about 4 months, however the sand and some of the rocks came from my previous 37 gallon tank. The rocks from my old tank i ended up crushing up and using them as rubble rock in my converted wet/dry filter (bio-balls i say NAY to thee). Some might say im crazy for making a reef tank after just 4 months, however the sand and some of the rocks came from my old tank, so that helped establish it pretty fast.

My water parameters are usually Zero everything. I highly recommend a refugium. You all advised i get it, i did, and now my nitrates are ZERO. Thank you aquarium advice.

My only concern would be the tang looks a little large for that size tank

yes the tang is a bit of a concern for me. i plan on finding a new home for him (my friend has got a 130 gallon tank that i feel will be a better home than my 60) its a shame though because i think its an absolutly beautiful fish.

Corals look great! I really hope you plan on upgrading in the near future though. Clown tangs can get 15 inches long and need at least a 180 gallon tank.

Back
Top Bottom