insane worm thing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moo33284

Aquarium Advice Activist
So while watching my tank tonight I saw what looked like a tiny shrimp/thing flying around the tank. At first I thought it was just debris being carried by the current...but it was moving too sporadically. Finally it stopped, after chasing it's movement with a flashlight for a minute or two and it appears to be some kind of worm. It's yellow, about 1/2", very skinny and burrowed into the substrate. Anyone know what it is? Should I be worried? It was swimming so crazily!

So while watching my tank tonight I saw what looked like a tiny shrimp/thing flying around the tank. At first I thought it was just debris being carried by the current...but it was moving too sporadically. Finally it stopped, after chasing it's movement with a flashlight for a minute or two and it appears to be some kind of worm. It's yellow, about 1/2", very skinny and burrowed into the substrate. Anyone know what it is? Should I be worried? It was swimming so crazily!

If it was flat it was a flatworm if it was round it was something else without a photo is hard to pinpoint but i think its a flatworm.

Think it was flat appeared to have a little mouth darker than it's body too

No it was worm shaped and light yellow only

Hmmm let me check on google. I can't fond anything that really looks like it. It's swimming was just so all over the place so crazy to watch

Hmm I don't think it was a peanut worm. It was veer symmetrical on either size. Same width the whole length of the body...I know a pic would help but it was just so crazy I couldn't get one

Wow that thing is awesome! This worm was darting back and forth very fast from side to side just to get somewhere straight. As if it couldn't swim in a straight line. It was so sporadic

Thanks for the site ! Only thing it came close to was one of the "unidentified species". Oh well, guess I'll never know. Thanks again though!

Back
Top Bottom