instant ocean vs. coralife vs. kent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
ive been using coralife make it yourself for over a year...seems to do good.. but i have to adjust the ammonia levels after water change... do you have this problem(with ammonia levels and other things) with say instant ocean..never used the stuff so i am just curious(dont know what kind KENT is) :D

I use IO and have never had detectable ammonia levels. I'm also using RO/DI water to mix it. I think you'll find that IO is pretty much the standard.

As per ammonia when frst mixed Coralife is about the same as kent and IO. Most ASW mixes will have either notrogen or Phosphate in them when first mixed, Coralife has high levels of both. It is also low in carbon and has a very different carbonate system (tough to get accurate measurements on)

41salt_P.jpg

mike

IO and Kent are made by the same company in the same building so they are practicually the same salt. Coralife i tried and my corals hated it. FOr a fish only system it is a nice low priced salt though.

Back
Top Bottom