is 300$ a good deal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I saw a dual t5 setup at Petsmart for 59.99. Would a smaller filter work? It might save money buying a aquarium kit and just add power head and eventually a better light

yes, you very likely might save some funds that way if you are set on new. You might also keep looking for used setups if budget is an issue: The one you posted as the original post in this thread isn't a great deal, but there are often great deals to be had out there.

Check out Dr Foster and Smith good prices on filters and power heads. I would keep looking on CL there are better deals than that. Offer him 150 and leave him your number if he can't sell it maybe he will call you back.

I don't like the looks of the rock, and the skimmer is not a very good one. I think a better price would be around $150.

It is ok to haggle with them. I think most CL posters expect to get offered less than their asking price.

Yeah. I like the first one better I told him I had 200$ and sent him a link to the second one. Its bigger and had stand and more stuff. I kilter the looks of the rock in the first one. I may just buy a new one. How do you get the base rock to stay together?

You can use epoxy if you want to get fancy with your rock work. But good live rock is very porous and has a lot of little parts that stick out. It almost locks together like lincoln logs. None of my rock is epoxied. It is just stacked in the tank.

Ok cool. I haven't heard back from the guy with the 30 gallon. I figured new from petco I can do a 20 for around 350 I can probably find a 20 gallon on cl for a decent price I was thinking about making my own light using 2 pieces of plastic gutter 4 bulbs and a ballast. I just have to find out what size ballast will run 4 t8 15watt bulbs. do they have the atcnic bulbs for t8s?

For anyone that knows about electrical. I found a 4 bulb t8 ballast it says bulb size supported is 48 in. can I still use it for 4 18" bulbs?

For anyone that knows about electrical. I found a 4 bulb t8 ballast it says bulb size supported is 48 in. can I still use it for 4 18" bulbs?

No. Ballasts are made to drive a certain wattage of bulb.

Back
Top Bottom