Is a 29 gal too small for an amemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, Looking into getting an amemone and a clownfish for my tank soon just wondering if my tank is good enough size (29 gal + 2 gal fuge) before I decide which one. Also what a good one for a false or true perc.?

How full is the tank otherwise? And I assume you have enough lighting? Smaller species should work in a tank like that.

right now the tank is 45 lbs LR and 3.5" sand. No inhabitants yet, I moved some of the rock from my dads tank and some of the sand too, it went through a little cycle now I going to start stocking it. I have a 150 watt HQI MH and 2 x 65 watt actinic pc's.

What are the smaller species you're refering to?

Thanks, Brian

Like a Bubble/Bulb tip (BTA). A carpet/sebae would probably be too big. Unless of course it was an anemone show tank :)

size defenatly doesn't matter. i have 4 tanks that are each only 5 gal. four have capret anenomies and one has a buble tip anenome. and they each have a clown fish and a scooter bleny

well the bta's definitely look like a good choice to me, especially the rose bta. Would they host a true perc or an ocellaris clown?

You will want to be sure to get a wild-caught clown to ensure hosting. Most Tank-Raised Clowns (usually Ocellaris clowns) may or may not host. Although, Tank-Raised clowns usually do better in aquariums then wild caught do. ask your LFS before purchasing a clown.

Back
Top Bottom