Is there a alternitive heating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jose7878

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just had a huge tragedy this week. I had a submersible heater blow in my holding tank. Fried just about all my corals. I want to find a alternative heating system instead of using submersible heaters.
Does anyone now of any?
If not ,how can we avoid this from happening?

Any advice would be helpful......

I'm a FW guy, but I am afraid I don't think there's much choice.

I know there are things you can put under reptile tanks which heat gravel, but I doubt theyd do the same job.

I guess you've just got to purchase a good quality heater and pay attention to its expected life. :/ sorry about your corals.

There are titanium heaters that are not glass. A little pricey, but cheaper than losing a tank full of fish or corals.

jose7878 said:
I just had a huge tragedy this week. I had a submersible heater blow in my holding tank. Fried just about all my corals. I want to find a alternative heating system instead of using submersible heaters.
Does anyone now of any?
If not ,how can we avoid this from happening?

Any advice would be helpful......

Was it a stealth pro by chance?

There are in line heaters for canisters.

jetajockey said:
Was it a stealth pro by chance?

There are in line heaters for canisters.

No it wasn't a stealth. It was a Hagar.

I will look into those inline heaters

Thanx didn't think off that.

spoonman said:
There are titanium heaters that are not glass. A little pricey, but cheaper than losing a tank full of fish or corals.

With the amount of money we all spend on our fish tanks. I don't see it being a big deal to fork over a few dollars on a heater that won't break. To ease my mind especially the amount of money I just lost on these corals.

Back
Top Bottom