Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
I posted a pic of this tank a month or two back....it is now really priced right..I think.
I would like your opinions on the value.

175 Oceanic Reef Ready Bowfront
Oceanic Stand
Oceanic Glass top
Oceanic sump
little giant pump for sump, rated at 1200gph

There are no lights with this.

He is asking $1700.

it just about filled the bottom of the stand.
The guy said it was the one that oceanic recommended for that tank.
New model, still in the box and he just ordered it to help him sell
the tank.

I was just quoted that same tank without the extras. Just the reef ready 175 bowfront for $1175.00 I would think another $525 dollars is a pretty good deal for a stand, sump, pump and glass top although I would probably not use the glass.

The guy that quoted that tank is the local distributor and gave me the best price I could find on my Oceanic 72 gallon reef ready bowfront.... $237.00.

I also would think that any stand you could make yourself for that tank would cost at least $200-$300.

Checking one of the supply catalogs we use at the store, I found the following prices:
175 RR Bowfront: $1290.00
Stand: $ 533.00
Glass tops: $ 38.40 each side
Little Giant 4-MDQX $ 165.00
As far as the sump goes, the Oceanic glass sumps are VERY expensive. I would hazard a guess at no less than $300.00 for the sump.
Total retail comes to $2364.80.
Logan J

Well, I am now the proud owner of a 175 gallon reef ready Oceanic tank.
The sump is a 55 gallon size.
He said he would deliver for free, (I am 65 miles from his store), plus he threw in
a bucket of salt and 2 big bags of crushed coral. Another words, a deal I just could not pass up :)

He will deliver some time next week.

Now, you guys are gonna have to help with the sump thing..never have used one before. Can I start the refugium as soon as the tank cycles? Should I use the water, sand etc from the old tank as well? I am buying another 45 lbs of live rock, can I use this to cycle the tank....gah, I feel like a big newbie again!

Yippie,

I feel so glad for you. Just think that 150 was gonna be a freshwater tank and then you decided to make it salt and now you gonna end up with two salty tanks.

YIPPIE 0X 0X :mrgreen:

Using live sand from an established tank will help your refuge take hold quicker.

Sure you can use LR to cycle the tank. As long as nothing else is in the tank as far as fish or inverts.

55 gal sump. sweetness...

When you get the sump please post a pic and we will be glad to help you figure out how to plumb the jobber.

I love my 4-MDQX pump. Its nice and quite for the amount of water it pushes. Just a low hum comming from it

Your not a newbie anymore. We will say your in your adolecent years. Hows that. No longer a saltwater baby. ;)

I think you will find setting this one up to be easier than the first tank.

I believe I will be doing fresh with the 150. One of the reasons I decided on the 175 was the fact that the 150 was just too hard to light due to its depth. I will still have 3 saltwater tanks, just not the 150.

Back
Top Bottom