Is this enough to get started?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jutter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm currently in the process of cleaning a 55 gallon bow front tank I got second hand off Craig's list. It came with a canister filter which I know isn't the best filter for a saltwater tank. I bought an ro filter, coralife skimmer, 50 pounds of aragonite sand and 50 pounds of macro rock. I'm probably gonna get at least 20 pounds of live rock this week once I get the tank started but is this enough to start the tank? Am I missing anything? Thanks guys

I would just add flow( power head or wave maker ). Are you doing reef or fowlr? If your getting a skimmer I wouldn't even bother running the canister, maybe try and sell it. If you want to run media you can add a hob filter, tons of mods for the bigger aqua clears.

Edit: is the filter ro/di or just ro?

Are you running a sump?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You really want ro/di not just ro. And for a fowlr I would think about a 600-700 gph power head should do the trick for you

Ok, adding the di canister to my ro unit and picked up a 800 gph powerhead. How long does seeding take when mixing dry rock with live sand and live rock?

Back
Top Bottom