Is this lighting Okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh yea, and is this an okay fish list?

red Lizard Blenny
Flame Angel
2 bangaii Cardinals
8 or so Green Chromis
Firefish Goby
Blue spot Jawfish
Hippo Tang
MCcoskers flasher wrasse
Royal gramma
Pair of oceallaris clowns

And once been going for around a year, A CBB and A Green mandarin?

Is this list too much? And I will have a skimmer rated for 150 gallons and about 800gph filtration.

Maybe I missed it but it doesn't look like that fixture comes with fans. I wouldn't buy a MH fixture without fans, but that's just me. Also you asked if the lights were ok, well that depends on what types of corals you plan to keep. It's overkill for a FOWLR tank, and more than necessary for softies and most LPS I'd think.

I'm no lighting expert, but these are the usual answers! Hope I helped!

Looks good to me, it's a lot of fish but they're all pretty small with a few exceptions. I don't know that I'd go with 8 chromis. Fish tend to do better in odd numbers. I'd say 3 or 5. Probably 3 though.

The one thing I'd say no to is the CBB. From what I hear they're notorious non-eaters and will more than likely starve itself unless you're farming aiptasia. One recommendation though is a pistol shrimp and goby pair. SO much fun to watch the two!

Alright, sounds good. What about a yellow tang? And a pair of gobies? Like a mating pair? I like peppermint shrimp, but what are the pistols like?

the fixture is a chinese knock-off and most likely not UL listed. you'll be wanting to change out the bulbs at least. i would skip it and purchase a used fixture if money was tight. there are many i'd rather have than that one.

the red lizard blenny or "red spotted sand perch" is a predator.
the blue spotted jawfish will jump, given the chance.
8 green chromis is a waste of bio load IMO, and will mostly die off anyway.
skip the copper banded, even after a year, unless you can physically watch the fish you are considering eat prepared foods before you buy him.

a hood won't keep them from jumping. you'll need a tight fitting lid. and no, i didn't read you saying anything about 3 chromis or no copper banded. you must have typed that on a different thread. i read someone elses comments, but not yours. ..unless you were referring to "alright, sounds good".

Ok well... Did you not read what I said? No CBB, only 3 chromis...mated pair?

Doug is one of the most knowledgeable people here when it comes to reefs so you may want to chill out, especially since you're the one asking for advice.

I agree with Doug and tjm80 in saying you should get a different light. That light is most likely going to cause more bad than good over time. Don't sacrifice quality to save money.

Back
Top Bottom