Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi folks, just a question about my virgate rabbitfish (double barred) hes approx 5'' and he eats like a horse nevermind a rabbit hes such a greedy fish. Anyway i for the last week have had what i thought was algae/detritus floating round my tank so i put some nets in front of my powerheads for a few hours to collect it which it has done to discover i am fighting a loosing battle.. my rabbitfish is pooping ALOT and i mean like every 20-30 mins he lets a load go and its literally ruining my DT.
Now i figure i must be over feeding but ive had instructions to feed algae based pellets or flake foods twice a day (small amount) and supplement with red algae strips which i clip to the side of my tank for it to graze on. But if i put in say a 2"x2" piece he will eat it in a few hours.
Is this too much should i cut him down to one feed a day and say every other day put a strip of red algae in for him. I cant find alot of info about feeding quantities and wondered what other peoples experiences are with this species

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

1x a day is fine or every other day with a daily 1x1 piece of nori will hold him over if he is pooping all the time yes your over feeding I'd back off for a day or so so he can lighten his load so to speak

Alright ill give that a go.. just seems like a 1x1 piece is like a mouthful for him

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom