Its here its here =d

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
Its here its here =)

this was a really impressive ebay buy. it was shipped all the way from california to my door just north of toronto in just one week. i ordered it last sunday and just got home from a half day of work to find it sitting by the door :).

its in perfect shape, no dings or bangs (thank you UPS) and it came exactly like advertised. i haven't oppend it to see what ballasts are in there but i will be assuming since everythign else was as stated that the ballasts will be fulham workhorse.

PS: they are bright with high quality refectors

IMG00121-20110613-1306.jpg

IMG00122-20110613-1307.jpg

heres a link

</title><meta name="description" content="Find 24" 2Ft 4 TUBE T5 HO FLUORESCENT GROW LIGHT SYSTEM BULB in Home Garden, Yard, Garden Outdoor Living , Gardening Supplies , Hydroponics Seed Starting , Grow Lights category on eBay.ca."><meta name="keywor

Last edited:
it really was a great deal, now i just have to try and find a place locally that sells ATI bulbs so i can't start with corals :)

I have priced ATI everywhere lemme tell ya. Aquacave has the best overall price, but BRS has some bulbs that you get a quantity discount on when you get them. But not the aquablues I think the actinics and one other.

Check it out

i'll take a look, i put an order in with marine depot but apparently it becomes more of a hassle to ship it to canada :(

even aqua cave won't accept paypal from me and i don't have a credit card :( atleast i don't have a personal one

Last edited:
so i just opened the fixture, and the balasts are not workhorse they are some so brand i've never heard of before, so we'll see how long they last. they do look liek the workhorse though

Hey Leo, if you don't have a credit card, try canadapost.ca/visa, it is like a prepaid visa credit card.

Ooh, I'd definitely consider something like that for a 30g cube or a 20 long. I want to try and keep some real light lovers some time in the future and ~5 watts per gallon should do the trick.

don't go by wattage per gallon. with the new advances in lighting that theroy has gone out the window. for T5s one lamp per 3 inchace of surface is strong enough to house SPS on the depth and lamps you may melt anything but SPS and clams. 4 inches per lamp is good for housing pretty much anything you want you want in different levels of the aquarium

One lamp per 4 inches of surface? That can't be right. That would mean to house most anything in a 20x20 cube you'd need 100 lamps, or 25 if you meant a 4x4 surface.

I'm probably (certainly) interpreting what you're saying wrong.

Do you mean 3-4 inches between the lights? That's the only other thing I think you may be saying.

no i mean from front to back sorry, if its 16" then suggest 4 lamp if 20 then 5 but there is no 5 lamp fixture so you could go with 4 or 6 depending what you want to house

i just bought the lamps for it :) i bought two kz super blue, 1 kz fiji purple and one kz new generation coral light 14000k. i love the color, very blue with a hint of purple

ahhh could you do us a favor and post a pic of the 14k when its lit?? wanna see the color of it if possible

Back
Top Bottom