Jewel Protein Skimmer 3.0 set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellybeanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
Jewel Protein Skimmer 3.0 set up - I am having issues. I assembled according to the instructions although they were not all that clear. Driving me crazy thinking something is wrong. Just set it up and it's very noisy and I'm not sure it's working. Should it be producing bubbles from the bottom? What can you tell me about this thing? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390845693.563191.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390846044.026041.jpg

Looks like it working just needs to be fine tuned! Is it set to the proper water level? The skim looks to clear.

Yeah it's even with the top of the black thingy that holds it (in case you hadn't noticed I'm a newbie) which is what the instructions said...

I am fairly new as well! I would say either move it up just a bit or adjust the air flow!

Okay really newbie question and probably a stupid one but the flow adjuster in the grey thingy at the top with the orange knob on it?

Okay thanks for the help. I lowered the water level and adjusted the thingy and its much quieter (thankfully. Was going to smash it ?) Thank you very much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom