Just bought a 20 Gallon Long and wanting to do a Salt Water Tank. PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeJays Saleen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok. Well I just bought a fresh water 20 gallon tank off craigslist. Its very very nice but want to convert it over to a salt water tank. I've been out of the game for a LONG time now. I use to own a 55 gallon salt water tank but that was Y E A R S ago, and to be honest I don't remember much about starting a tank up. So the tank I got is 20 L, has a cheap filter from walmart, a hood w/ light ect... I know I pretty much need to start from the beginning and start from scratch. But I've always wanted to do a 20 L so now I have the foundation to do so. I want to do a tank with a few (maybe 2) Clown Fish. Maybe a few other things? I know with a 20 L I can't put a ton in,... but what else could I put in? A yellow tang? A blue lobster / shrimp? Ect? I want a few different things in there but not a lot. I don't want the tank to look really cramp. I like a nice clean look. I want to go with live sand and a few lil things here and there. I like it when the tanks have the " blue " look to it... Do i need special lighting? And what do I do about getting the tank ready? What kinda filter do I need? One that hangs off the back, or underwater? Ect. I know this tank has a heater with it but do I need a special one? Pretty much I'd say I'm a newbie all over again so please please help me out. I don't want to go crazy with this thing, no sump ect. Just a nice simple 20g l, with a few lil things. Help me out!!!! Thanks

No tangs for a 20g. Scratch that. Shrimp'll be fine.Cruise through our Articles section and read up on some stuff there first.

Welcome to AA! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom