Just got a new tank need some help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chris S

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently bought a 125g reef setup that was up and running with prob 50lb of live rock. a sea urchin and a 3in zebra damsel. holding off on setting up the 125 until we move in may so i setup a 35 gal tank and used the existing 10gal biological sump and protien skimmer put in all the live rock and saved 50gal of the original water. Trying to keep the live rock alive until we get it in the bigger tank. The urchin and damsel were moved to a friends tank but not sure he is set up for the urchin. would like to try to keep them in my tank do i need a MH light running in the small tank to keep the urchin healthy or will a florescent do for now and what do i need to do to keep the good algea going on the live rock. Thanks for any help I am trying to learn quickly lol, Chris:wink:

What type of urchin? Just curious I don't think it matters though, they live off algae mostly. The light doesn't really matter. The live rock will need heat and circulation. The 125G reef only had 50 lbs of LR?

the urchin is a black long spine sea urchin. the 125g had approxamatly 50-75lb just a rough estimate alot of lava rock and other structure too. Thanks for the help. anything i should be doing to grow some more algea the rocks look kinda bare compared to what ive seen online pics

Back
Top Bottom