Just got my corner tank, already have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaiden

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I knew this tank would be nonstandard with regard to lighting, but I think it looks cool, so I'll have to make it work.

I just picked up a 54g bowfront corner tank, but the discount LFS I got it from couldn't find the hood, so they're ordering me a replacement. It looks like it's a 24" fixture with two 18" (15 watt) bulbs. It's possible that a 30" fixture will fit, but I can't tell for sure.

1) Should good base rock (hirocks) which is properly cycled should be fine, with this alone? I figure until I can add something else, I probably shouldn't bother buying any LR.

2) are there any MH or other lights that will fit in the same form factor? I'm looking around, but most of the lights I've found ar 10" wide, which would be a tight fit

1) Should good base rock (hirocks) which is properly cycled should be fine, with this alone? I figure until I can add something else, I probably shouldn't bother buying any LR.

Yep, base rock does not require light, until you start trying to make it LR. The bacteria will colonize it in the dark.

2) are there any MH or other lights that will fit in the same form factor? I'm looking around, but most of the lights I've found ar 10" wide, which would be a tight fit

Think 250W pendant ;)

Back
Top Bottom