Just installed my RemoraC -- looks cool ... --------BUT HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

75galsalt

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looks pretty cool had to raise the cup way up lots of white foam, some light brown water in cup after only ten mins... had to install on side of tank.. no room in back uggggg and I do NOT like all those fine bubbles

BUT

the injector screw is confusing.. is water sapose to be shooting up at the bottom of the collection cup?

I turned it as far down as I dare to and even all the way up and many stops in between and it has a steady (hard) steam of water hitting the bottom of the cup..

if I took cup off with out turning the pump off I would have water spurting straight in the air a few feet

that screw is used to clean the inside of the injector nozzle with the supplied cleaner brush. it should be set so that no water is squirting out of the top of the nozzle. if i remember correctly, mine is screwed in so that the top of the screw is just barely below the top surface of the injector pipe. i think that i can only see one thread on the gray pipe.

try to get the screw to stop leaking by turning it only 1/4 of a turn at a time.

basically, all you are doing is using the screw to plug the hole until you need to clean the in skimmer's injector pipe. if you cant get it to stop squirting water, after you have tried all possible locations for the height of the screw, then you could use some teflon plumbers tape on the threads to make a good seal.

~mike

well i emailed the company.. here is their response.. I am impressed....

Hi,

Thanks for the message, I can help you out. I'm sorry to hear about this problem, but we'll take care of things for you. Here's what we can do: Send me your name, address, etc. and I'll send another skimmer out to you. Included in the box will be a prepaid UPS call tag. When the new skimmer is received, simply pack the old one in the box, stick the label on the box, and take it to any UPS driver or store. All we require from you is a credit card number, just to ensure that we get the old skimmer back, and a copy of the receipt, which you can fax or email to us. In the event that the old skimmer is not received, we will try to contact you first, before running the card number. Thanks again, and let me know if you have any other questions as well! Sorry for the inconvenience.
- - - - - - - - - - -

Steve Prince
Customer Service Manager

AquaC, Inc.
7949 Stromesa Ct., Ste. E
San Diego, CA 92126
858-689-1121 phone
858-564-3419 fax

visit us online at...
www.proteinskimmer.com

Back
Top Bottom