keeping Mandarins together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moo33284

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw a video of someone who had blue Mandarins and spotted Mandarins. Is this out of the usual? Can you keep both types in a tank without the risk of them fighting? Also, is it possible to keep two females and one male together of the same type? I'm not planning on adding anymore fish, I'm just interested in their behavior.

moo33284 said:
I saw a video of someone who had blue Mandarins and spotted Mandarins. Is this out of the usual? Can you keep both types in a tank without the risk of them fighting? Also, is it possible to keep two females and one male together of the same type? I'm not planning on adding anymore fish, I'm just interested in their behavior.

What size is your aquarium?

I have two 75 gallon tanks but I'm not planning on adding multiple Mandarins. I have one already and don't want him to run out of food. I'm just curious about how they interact with each other, their social patterns, breeding behavior ..stuff like that.

I have two dragonettes, both male, a scooter and a blue mandarin. They get along perfectly fine together. :)

On another note though, I have read that two male mandarins would fight and the only way you should keep two is if they are a mated pair.

I also would agree that two mandarins that are eating only pods probably wouldnt be a good idea. Tempting though isn't it? They are sooo beautiful! lol

The tank in the video I saw was only 30g and had four Mandarins...

They really are beautiful little fish. I'm trying to get mine to start eating arcti pods

Back
Top Bottom