Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of my vendors is offering Gem Tangs now.....nice fish but far too rich for my blood lol.

Wow. Just looked up gem tang and it's used as a model for an expensive fish on live aquaria's qt page.... Wow.

Attachments

• 1393995358382.jpg
    1393995358382.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 93
I've seen some for $1800 but thought the prices might be coming down. LA sells purple tangs for $200 or more. In my area small purples are $89.99 and 5" purple tangs are $125.

You are right. It's not because the fish looks better than others, it's because they are harder to catch. Let's face it, a goldflake angel is no where near as nice looking as a flame or potters, but they demand a higher price.
You are always seeing the very best lighting on the very best looking fish when googled. IMO, I'd rather have a clown tang...and the change.

I've seen one at Vividaquariums. They have it in their 800 gallon display. What I've learned about reef keeping is rare is gorgeous LOL. So in that sense you are right.

That 800 gallon sps tank is hands down the nicest tank around was just there Friday and holly wow

My phone was full since I was coming home from the long beach Aquarium of the Pacific and a three day stay on the queen marry but I will be going back soon ! So ill snap a " couple"?

Back
Top Bottom