Keith's Frag Tank / Coral Propagation Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The progress is awesome. Didn't realize how long I haven't been on here checking up on everything lol. Looks amazing so far man can't wait till you're up and ready. Corals to NY soon for this guy!!

The progress is awesome. Didn't realize how long I haven't been on here checking up on everything lol. Looks amazing so far man can't wait till you're up and ready. Corals to NY soon for this guy!!
Thanks, Tommy. Didn't get too much done this morning cuz I'm stopping early for football lol! Few more pics from today:

Attachments

• image-1972735649.jpg
    image-1972735649.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 109
  • image-691580287.jpg
    image-691580287.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2307838595.jpg
    image-2307838595.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-825358001.jpg
    image-825358001.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image-2408929460.jpg
    image-2408929460.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 107
I too admired your water tanks,... I can only imagine what one of those babies musta cost ,... You've done an incredible amount of work and i'm sure you're itching to get open so you can start to recover some of the money you've invested .
Looking good Keith ., (and Veronica hasn't killed you yet either !! )

I too admired your water tanks,... I can only imagine what one of those babies musta cost ,... You've done an incredible amount of work and i'm sure you're itching to get open so you can start to recover some of the money you've invested . Looking good Keith ., (and Veronica hasn't killed you yet either !! )

Actually Dary I found those to be pretty reasonable from a company that had them in stock down your way (think they shipped outta Compton). About $700 for both shipped.

And actually I think Veronica is planning to, she just hasn't decided on how yet lol.

Have you given any thoughts as to what kind of hard merchandise you'll be carrying ( if any) .such as skimmers,salt,lights etc? ,.... It's gotta be getting a little exciting knowing that you can see the light as the door starts to open soon,...roughly ,how many square feet is your place?

It's small right now....about 650 sq ft but the area has been divided so if things go well I can open the wall and expand to the other half which is almost as big. The whole area is about 1200 sq ft. I plan on fitting as much dry goods for sale as space limits. Definitely will add more as I can. I will start with all the foods and such (salt, supplements, etc) immediately and the few pieces of equipment I have currently for sale & then start bringing in bigger pieces like tanks.

Last edited:
Finished some more painting, plumbing, and mounted some lights. Next weekend installing the heater & air conditioner. Pics make it look like they have water in but sadly no it's just the blue lights making look that way :p

Attachments

• image-139853465.jpg
    image-139853465.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3999807322.jpg
    image-3999807322.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 113
  • image-2895363913.jpg
    image-2895363913.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 91
  • image-2318146773.jpg
    image-2318146773.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 151
Finished some more painting, plumbing, and mounted some lights. Next weekend installing the heater & air conditioner. Pics make it look like they have water in but sadly no it's just the blue lights making look that way :p

It's looking good! I'm enjoying this thread and watching your progress!

Idk if I missed the post or not but what are you running for lights?

Two coral flats will have the AI Sol Blues. The two coral tanks on the shelf have the Kessil A360. The fish tanks have Ecoxotic Stunner Strips & the mixed reef will have the AI Hydras in it. Everything is LED.

Just read through the whole thread and all the work you've put in has turned out amazing. I wish all the best to you and your business. I too hope to open my own store in the future and I'm currently planning on starting a maintenance business to hopefully build relationships that may help me in the future. Unfortunately, due to my location I can't order from you but hopefully one day I'll take a trip to visit your store!

Back
Top Bottom