Kh level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deandonk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone please tell me the perfect level of kh in a marine tank,I've been told its the most important one to test.

I've got the Hagen master test kit and when did the kh test it took 10 drops to turn the correct colour.still not sure what level I'm at.

Either it is 1dKH per drop or .5meq/l per drop, depending on what they use. But, using a wee bit of detective work, it is likely dKH because 10dKH is more lekely than 5meq/l (which is 14dKH).

Here's a question on the kits...I use the API kit (yeah, I know)...and after 8 drops, it turns from blue to a green-ish hue, then after 9-10 it turns completely yellow. Is the reading supposed to be taken when it starts to change from blue, or when it turns all yellow?

Here's a question on the kits...I use the API kit (yeah, I know)...and after 8 drops, it turns from blue to a green-ish hue, then after 9-10 it turns completely yellow. Is the reading supposed to be taken when it starts to change from blue, or when it turns all yellow?

Completely yellow.

@Breakthecycle2: Yes, but it was what was available at the time. I'm not going to waste it.

@Dav3: Thanks, I feel better about the readings now :)

Back
Top Bottom