Kh- takes 16 drops to turn yellow!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds to me that in 24 hours you'll be wondering what the first fish in your tank is going to be.

Really!? Yay I will check it again after work tmro. If everything is at 0 should I do a water change? I was gonna do one anyway it's been about 3 weeks since I did one [emoji51] and plus the shrimp made the water very cloudy

The goal of the water change is to get the nitrates down to 0 once you can't detect any ammonia or nitrite.

Ok I'll do a 50% once they drop to 0. I will check the levels when I get home from work and update you

I'd do some heavy research into seahorses. They need some pretty specific living conditions and what turns into a species only tank.

Yea I have done tons of research. I'm only putting 2 kudas and a pipe fish in there. (I want to put clownfish in there for 3 weeks so I can get the hang of it because I know seahorses are kinda tricky. Once I feel safe enough to put them in there I'm returning the clowns and getting the seahorses)

I'd do some heavy research into seahorses. They need some pretty specific living conditions and what turns into a species only tank.

So it looks like everything has gone down except the ammonia....improvement!!!IMG_8838.jpgIMG_8839.jpgIMG_8840.jpg

Turn the light off. You'll only feed algae growth. It looks like there are no powerheads in the system to move the water around. You'll need one of those for CO2 exchange and prevent any film from building up.

Turn the light off. You'll only feed algae growth. It looks like there are no powerheads in the system to move the water around. You'll need one of those for CO2 exchange and prevent any film from building up.

I added a powerhead, the one I use to mix salt a couple days ago and it has cleared up tremendously. It's wicked strong and not good for the seahorses (it's a 250gph) so I'm looking into getting an 80ghp powerhead for them. I did an ammonia check earlier today and things are looking good!! I'll post a picture of the tank tmro (it's dark out atm and the lights are off) IMG_8994.jpgIMG_8995.jpgIMG_8996.jpg

Come home from school to some very exciting news!!! Gonna do a 50% water change to get all the algae and slime off the rocks and reduce the nitrates!! Yay so happy!!

IMG_8999.jpgIMG_8997.jpgIMG_8998.jpgIMG_9001.jpgImage1490381722.880881.jpg

Did a 50% water change, what does this look like? Does it look ok to put fish in?

IMG_9011.jpg

Back
Top Bottom