Kill aiptasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronalam

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm ready to inject my aiptasia with some lemon juice, how do I go about it?

The only way I can get to it is from the base of it, the head is pushing through a rock so it's awkward to get to - is it OK to inject into there?

Also, on a rock near the aiptasia, I can see three very faint aiptasia-like things, they look a bit like fluff at the moment but they have a longish stem and a bunch of small tentacles, more aiptasia? :(

Thanks.

Get some peppermint shrimp, they help kill off the aiptasia that are real small. And I'm sure injecting in the base would work, though it'll retract as soon as you try to do so :p

I've looked in vein for some peppermint shrimp, I only have 2 nearish marine stores and neither have peppermint shrimp.

"aiptasia x" works real well. i just finished my first fight with aiptasia. just a lil squirt of this stuff and u will be good to go.

I'm ready to inject my aiptasia with some lemon juice, how do I go about it?

The only way I can get to it is from the base of it, the head is pushing through a rock so it's awkward to get to - is it OK to inject into there?

Also, on a rock near the aiptasia, I can see three very faint aiptasia-like things, they look a bit like fluff at the moment but they have a longish stem and a bunch of small tentacles, more aiptasia? :(

Thanks.

Yes, inject in there and kinda push into the base as you are injecting.

Yes those are probably aiptasia as well. I would give them a drink too... cause you know, it wouldn't be fair to not give a little to everyone :D

hey all.. i sadly have aptaisa.. once injected do you have to remove them from the tank or just leave.. i noticed while rearranging my rock formation that i have loads hidden in my rock id say to many to sort one at a time.. apart from pepermint shripm is there any medication i can add to the water to kill them off. also why are they bad i dont really know

If they are all on one rock, if it's a small piece, you could throw it?

I've injected mine twice but no luck yet, it's in a really hard to get to place though.

One thing I found out is that what I thought was Aiptaisa...wasn't. If the rock is from the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico, what people are seeing isn't Aiptasia but simple Rock Anemones which look very similar and are an Aiptasia variety but don't dominate the tank like the other Aiptasia. I was told the bad Aiptasia does not grow in the Atlantic or GOM. In addition, if Peppermint Shrimp added to the tank are from the Atlantic or GOM, they don't recognize the bad Aiptasia as a food source..that could explain the posts about Pepps not doing their Aiptasia hunting jobs :) The bad Aiptasia only live in rock in the pacific and would need Pacific Pepps who recognize that type of Aiptasia as a food source.

Back
Top Bottom