Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you end up getting Kio? I need to upgrade mine as well, been looking at Bubble Magus.

Flreefer said:
What did you end up getting Kio? I need to upgrade mine as well, been looking at Bubble Magus.

My new tank came with an ASM. It pulls a nice concentrated skimmate and I only changed the setting once after the first 24 hours of run-in. Truly a "set it and forget it" piece of equipment. My Corallife Super Skimmer on the other hand......

SeanMonster said:
My new tank came with an ASM. It pulls a nice concentrated skimmate and I only changed the setting once after the first 24 hours of run-in. Truly a "set it and forget it" piece of equipment. My Corallife Super Skimmer on the other hand......

Yeah, I hear you... That's what I'm running ATM. I'm always in the tank, and adjust when necessary, and it pulls skimmate, but is undersized for my tank. A leftover from the upgrade of my old tank.
Need to get a better one, whenever I can swing it!!
What's an ASM?

Flreefer said:
Yeah, I hear you... That's what I'm running ATM. I'm always in the tank, and adjust when necessary, and it pulls skimmate, but is undersized for my tank. A leftover from the upgrade of my old tank.
Need to get a better one, whenever I can swing it!!
What's an ASM?

http://www.fragtasticreef.com/ASM-G-4X-Protein-Skimmer-ASM-G-4X.htm

This is the one I have on my 90g reef. The lfs said set it with the cup off so the bubbles are just bubbling over. The tube with the foam slides up or down to adjust level up or down. It's pricey but I love how it works. I'm beginning to realize that in this hobby, you often get what you pay for.

Thanks Sean,
Looks pretty nice, actually looks a little less expensive that the Magus I was looking at too, thanks for the info.

Flreefer said:
Thanks Sean,
Looks pretty nice, actually looks a little less expensive that the Magus I was looking at too, thanks for the info.

Not a problem. Sure you will be returning the favor one day. :)

No. Been working 5am- 1am last 3 days. I'll have it up in a few hours.

Quick pic updates... My LTA decided to move during the night. Trying to figure out where he's going to go. I just put cyclopeeze in the tank, so the sun coral opened up...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom