Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypo does not shorten life unless you hypo the fish for years . They all could have it but it's just not visible .

Just wanted to add I'm not trying to be pessimistic here . I just want all of us to have success with out tanks . Especially with all we have been thru. Hope u didn't take offense

Kio , you are QTing the hippo anyway right?
I would do hypo like Mike said,and no ,it doesn't shorten its life span..I Hypo every single new fish i get

Well I got home from dinner and I hear a crash. My LEDs are in the tank... No one got hurt and the power strip I had turned everything off in time.. Idk if the LEDs are a lose or not. Drying them out now. Really upset but trying to stay positive. Corals and nem's are what worry me. Idk what to do.

WOW....that's crazy. Sorry for your misfortune.
Hopefully you didn't lose the lights, or anything else, for that matter. Good thing you had them on a GFCI!!
Best of luck Kio, hope it all turns out OK.

Thanks... I'm goin to let them dry till tomorrow.. It's been high 90's here and of course we have no humidity in CO.. Lol. Just hope everything works out.

Got home and after being out all day in 98 degree weather, there is still condensation on the lights. Hopefully tomorrow they will be good. Fish are ok.

Yeah, I would wait as long as you can resist the temptation to try it out. The longer the better.
Maybe try to hit it with a hair dryer for a little bit? It might help dry out the insides.

I'm not sure, but I would think 3-4 days would be fine. You got to think that in the wild, in Fla at least, when we have heavy storms, it's overcast for days if not a week. Especially during Hurricanes. There's a little daylight, but not much in the way of penetrating light. You will have some light on the tank, just by the ambient light in the room during the day.
Everything may not like it too much, but I think you'd be fine for 4 days, if necessary.

Kio707 said:
How long can my corals and nems last with no light?

My lfs told me most corals can tolerate up to 2 weeks. I was wondering back when my AC was on the fritz and they suggested shutting off the lights.

Gonna test the lights tonight. Had to get rid of my LTA... Also my BTA loves the dark. He's not extended and he's very full. Even went in a rock to get away from the light... Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom