Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kio, my 180g has 2 corner overflows that return to a sump (I think it's 40g). Each overflow returns to its own chamber. In the 3rd I have a Coralife 220 Super Skimmer, 2-300 watt heaters, Purigen bag, carbon bag, and a 1200 gph pump that provides return flow. My tank is a FO, but you've seen the pic showing how clear the water is.

So the guy was advertising a 250 and it was only a 165??

Either way congrats on the new set-up..Have fun stocking(y)

SeanMonster said:
Kio, my 180g has 2 corner overflows that return to a sump (I think it's 40g). Each overflow returns to its own chamber. In the 3rd I have a Coralife 220 Super Skimmer, 2-300 watt heaters, Purigen bag, carbon bag, and a 1200 gph pump that provides return flow. My tank is a FO, but you've seen the pic showing how clear the water is.

That's kinda how I have my 150g sump set up...

FTMMWS said:
So the guy was advertising a 250 and it was only a 165??

Either way congrats on the new set-up..Have fun stocking(y)

Yeah... I've had ppl say 125g and it's a 90g... They just go off what their buddies say, idk...

nice job upgrading. as far as setup my 180 just has a hangon overflow and a 950gph return. are you going to try a turf scrubber for this build?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
In this new tank what is the main fish that you want? More tangs? :)

Not stocking anything else. Just transferring... I'm going reef, so that'll be the focus. My LEDs will be here Wednesday, can't wait.

Betta, blonde naso, purple tang, watchmen goby, mag fox, emp angel

The 180g I'm buying is reef ready, but will require new kits. Would it be easier to plug those bulk heads and use my existing equipment? Everything I have is rated for a 220g.

SeanMonster said:
Nice. Looks like its going to be fun. Just a couple of weeks until you start?

Yeah. After the 1st... Gotta get the other piping, new pump (1800 gph) and new sump. The new sump will be able to handle all that and then some. Also, how much sand should I get? 2 40lb bags?

Sweet...Congrats ..Are you going to leave it painted blue?

I think 100 pounds of sand would be just right..

FTMMWS said:
Sweet...Congrats ..Are you going to leave it painted blue?

I think 100 pounds of sand would be just right..

Haha i used 80lbs for my 66...ive got a 3" sandbed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom