Kio 3.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still cloudy and cold, but just a sneak peak...

Last edited:
Nice!
Its a good feeling to finally get it filled(y)

Do you have plans for the background?

FTMMWS said:
Nice!
Its a good feeling to finally get it filled(y)

Do you have plans for the background?

It's blue painted. I'm mostly going to put rock back there.

Kio707 said:
It's blue painted. I'm mostly going to put rock back there.

Nice. I didn't even see the paint I had to look again . Are you just going to transfer the rock and fish in one shot or cycle it ?

Hondatek said:
Nice. I didn't even see the paint I had to look again . Are you just going to transfer the rock and fish in one shot or cycle it ?

Transfer in one shot. Temp is a lil low, so I'm having to wait on it. But just did a test. pH 8.3, ammo 0, trites 0, trates 0... So I'll empty some rock outta the old tank into the new one and the cured rock that is already in there. I shouldn't have a spike. The Niger trigger and emp will stay in the 150g. I'll move that to my friends house later today. Lights and canopy are my next big project. The tank will look empty until I can get all this dry LR cured. Doing all that in a 10g, so it's taking a min. Do I need a heater in the LR I'm curing in the 10g?

If the rock is completely dried out I don't see why you would even cure it . There isn't anything on it to die and cause spikes . Your getting rid if the emperor?

Hondatek said:
If the rock is completely dried out I don't see why you would even cure it . There isn't anything on it to die and cause spikes . Your getting rid if the emperor?

Yeah. I'm doing a reef.

The rock was LR but dry for a month. I put it in the 10g and it cycled through it in a week. There was obviously something on it.

Thats odd . I would think a month should have been enough time for it completely dry. Well then better be safe then sorry lol.

Hondatek said:
Thats odd . I would think a month should have been enough time for it completely dry. Well then better be safe then sorry lol.

Yeah, I put it in the 10g, tested, and spiked off the charts. I let it cycle for a week, tested, and levels where at zero...

Mag fox, naso blonde, beta, purple tang, exquisite wrasse, orange back wrasse, blue dotted yellow watchman, 2 o. B&w clowns, and blue jaw trigger.

Kio707 said:
Mag fox, naso blonde, beta, purple tang, exquisite wrasse, orange back wrasse, blue dotted yellow watchman, 2 o. B&w clowns, and blue jaw trigger.

Are you keeping the Blue Throat with the reef tank.

Sniperhank said:
Nice. Im assuming that is aluminum corner pieces from a shelf? Really nice idea.

Yeah, used the same stuff u use for a garage door. I cut two pieces of wood and epoxied it to the sides of the canopy to put the rails on. Then I screwed the rails into place. That way I can slide them if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom