Lawnmower Blenny vs. Bicolored Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuyeWinfield

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm having some issues with my Lawnmower Blenny and my Bicolored Angel. Everywhere I read say they're compatible fish. I know the angel can be somewhat aggressive, but my blenny is nipping at him any chance he can get. Do you know if this is just a territorial thing? Blenny has has been in the tank for awhile and I just added the angel today. Any advice would be great. Don't want dead fish. Thanks!

Ya kinda surprising in a tank that size they are showing aggression.. I would give it a day or two to see if it stops and if not you may just have a grumpy fish lol it happens sometimes

Yea the surprising part to me is that it's the blenny that's aggressive, not the angel. The angel is just swimming around minding its business. Hopefully it's just going to take some getting used to for these guys.

It's not to surprising that the aggressor is the fish that was already in the tank.. its pretty much like telling you "hey bud, here's my friend and he's gonna be living with you from now on" lmao there might be some differences in the beginning :)

Yea lol that's true! Well makes me feel "somewhat" better. I'll give ya an update in a few days, if they survive that long lol

Well is he relentlessly chasing him or just getting defensive

Well the angel survived the night and it seems like the blenny has chilled out ... Haven't seen him go after the angel all morning ... Phewwww! :) Thought I was going to wake up to a massacre in my tank! Lol

Good to hear! Honestly though if the blenny was really bothering the angel then the angel would have put him in his place.. probably more of an annoying little brother kinda thing lol

Back
Top Bottom