Leather coral fragging tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markodeniro

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all I have this leather coral probably 6" across with about 10 "heads"? If that's what there called? Feel free to correct me! Can any one advise me on how and when I can frag it? Also can I do anything with the frag it is sitting on as it is the wrong shape for my rocks or a way of securing it to my rock? ThanksImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419017314.483836.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

People simply cut them with a razor blade right down the stalk. You can then rubber band them to a rock until they attach on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A pair of scissors and cut what you don't want off, then rubber band the pieces to rock rubble. In a few days they will attach, then make a craigslist post and sell them ;)

+1 to cutting with a razor, rubber banding, and selling. But I find that the mother colony heals faster if you cut the fleshy ring off the coral, without damaging the main stalk. The stalk will start growing new tissue more quickly if it doesn't have to heal itself.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom