LED Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh never mind. That is the OP lol. I couldnt figure out how someone came up with 27 lights would be enough.

How big is your tank? Dimensions not gallons, long tanks are different to light than tall. And what kind of coral?

30 long
12 deep
18 high

Any kind of corals. It's a 29 gal tank.

LED lighting is good lighting for coral
growth. That being said, it isn't really about wattage. It's about PAR and PUR measurements. It also matters what the color spectrum the LEDs are. LEDs are a technology that is in its infancy as far as aquarium lighting goes. You should look up some of the current threads already posted on AA.

I don't know if building one is worth it for a tank this small.

I wouldn't use that one, IMO it won't support any corals.

What size tank? I can probably give you some better (albeit more expensive) options

(Good point, thank you!)

3 of these would do you great, or if you switched the optics to wider ones (60 degree would be fine) you could probably get away with 2

Nanotuners.com

I am really looking for a " plug and play" lighting system. No extra work.

Minus buying a lamp to place it in it's as literally plug-n-play as you can get.

How much are you willing to spend?

Purchase 2 and have them switch the optics for you to 60 degree ($20 extra), then all you have to buy is 2 sturdy light fixtures from say home depot or something simple like that. Screw the bulbs into the fixtures and Voila! That would probably be just over or right around $250

Apart from a DIY fixture that's as close as you'll get for a legitimate LED lighting solution in your budget

Back
Top Bottom