Lighting!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gboy66 said:
Es mucho dinero

Lol saltwater reefs are not Cheep. Look at it like this, the main thing separating a reef from a fowler is lighting. Trust me the led light will pay for it's self. Each t5 or t8 bulb is around 20 bucks give or take. get a 4 bulb fixture and you are at $80 and they have to be replaced every 6 months. LEDs need to be replaced around the 5 year mark. So in the long run it is Cheep

Tomchong22 said:
Lol saltwater reefs are not Cheep. Look at it like this, the main thing separating a reef from a fowler is lighting. Trust me the led light will pay for it's self. Each t5 or t8 bulb is around 20 bucks give or take. get a 4 bulb fixture and you are at $80 and they have to be replaced every 6 months. LEDs need to be replaced around the 5 year mark. So in the long run it is Cheep

Hmm actually that makes alot more sense haha

Oh that is nothing compared to some fixtures do larger tanks. For my 60gal to light it with LEDs it will cost around $800ish

No I am going to diy a led fixture. It will cost me around $300ish. Like I said this is not a cheap hobby.

Because t5s are long strip lights and the ones your talking about are short bulbs.
You need a t5 fixture to run t5s.

Back
Top Bottom